Shopify SEO Guide: Your Step-by-Step Essential Guide to Rank #1 (2021)
Are you searching for a Shopify SEO guide to get more traffic and sales to your eCommerce store?
Yes, it’s essential to decide the eCommerce platform that suits you, but what occurs after you have the site established and are open for marketing? How are you going to approach your new clients? How are you going to convince them to purchase from you rather than your competitor?
Shopify seo guide
Search engine rankings play an important role in how effortlessly customers are able to find your store. The more you rank in search engine results, the larger traffic your online store is going to get. This spontaneously results in increased sales.
Thus, how do you rank higher?
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Does Shopify Have Good SEO?
Shopify provides various beneficial attributes for SEO straightaway, but there is a lot more you can perform to advance in the rankings. Though SEO depends on keywords, it requires much more than only spreading some keywords into your site’s content to get your site rank higher.
Here in this Shopify SEO guide, we provide you with 7 important steps to efficiently use SEO for your Shopify eCommerce store and rank #1 in 2021:
- Optimize Your Shopify Site Structure
- Improve the User Experience
- Research the Right Target Keywords
- Optimize Your Shopify Products Pages
- Build Links to Your Store
- Rank Higher With Content Marketing
- Make use of the Best Shopify SEO Tools and Apps
Let’s start on…
Step 1. Optimize Your Shopify Site Structure
When customers are able to easily and quickly discover the things they’re searching for, they try to spend more time on your site and go through more pages, which can improve your search engine rankings.
How can you model your site easier for navigation purposes?
- Simplify. Do not go too far with categories and subcategories.
- A simpler site format helps search engines to crawl your site and rank your products.a flat and simpler site structure will help you rank higher and enhance user experience.
- Your products should be only a couple of clicks away from your homepage, making it fast and easy for your customers to find what they’re looking for.
Arranging your content is easy with Shopify, through one of these formats:
Homepage >> Section Pages >> Product Pages
Homepage >> Section Pages >> Sub-Section Page >> Product Pages
- Bear in mind, your site should be made for customers first.
- You will also require to add Contact page and About page on your site.These two pages let customers and search engines realize that you are trustworthy and credible.
- Finally, insert a search box on your page to help visitors find what they’re looking for.
Step 2. Improve the User Experience
Now let’s check out some ways through which you can enhance the user experience on your site and which will also assist you to rank higher in search results.
Boost Your Site Speed
Site speed is mainly related to accessibility. When everything on your site moves smoothly and quickly and it is easy to navigate, visitors have no reason for irritation. This implies that they are likely to spend more time on your site.
To make your Shopify store fast-moving, you can:
- use a fast, mobile-friendly theme
- use optimized, smaller images
- remove any apps you’re not using
- avoid using sliders
You can check SEMrush’s guide for more tips on how to speed up Shopify stores.
Use a Responsive Design
- Responsive design helps your Shopify store look great on any device, including smartphones, tablets, and desktops.
- Making sure your Shopify store works smoothly on mobile is essential, as customers are buying using their smartphones more and more.
Step 3. Research the Right Target Keywords
Shopify SEO guide would be incomplete without tips on keyword research as it is the foundation of SEO success.
But how do you discover the precise and potential keywords to boost traffic to your shop?
The perfect way to begin is not with complicated tools, but just to create a list of at least five important topics that are closely related to your products and your customers care about.
You should put yourself in your customers’ shoes. What terms and words would YOU search to find the products you sell?
You can also find motivation for these topics from spots such as:
- your own shopper personas
- searching subreddits and forums related to your products
- social media hashtags related to your products
- looking at the meta descriptions, titles, and image alt-text used on competitors’ sites
Get in touch with our experts at Blue Media Box for more ideas on keyword research, and then have a look at these keyword research tools to enlarge your keyword list.
Step 4. Optimize Your Shopify Products Pages
At this moment, you should have a logical site structure and list of keywords.The next move is to optimize your Shopify store’s pages using potential keywords.
You should start with your top pages first. These will mainly be your homepage, top-selling product pages and main product collections. Focus on the pages that are the most profitable and have the best conversions.
How to Optimize Title Tags for Categories?
You should utilized your keywords in a consistent manner, like in this example below:
- Keyword No. 1 >> Shop for Keyword No. 2 >> Your Store Name
- Team Unicorn T-shirts >> Shop for Team Unicorn T-shirts Online >> The Store
How to enhance Meta Description and Titles for your Products?
- Next, we are required to include some descriptions and titles for our products and categories.
- Contact our SEO experts for more Shopify SEO tricks on where and how to use keywords in your content.
Step 5. Build Links to Your Store
How can you obtain links to your store? Here are some key tips:
If you sell products supplied or made by established companies, they may possess a policy that authorized sellers can get a link. Email them to request if they will link to your Shopify store.
Approach to industry influencers and leaders for interviews to generate both links and content.
We have experts who provide link building with plenty more strategies you can use to rank higher.
Step 6. Rank Higher With Content Marketing
Create a comprehensive list of all the things your clients ask you or anything else you think clients may need answers to. Provide real answers rather than only giving product information.
Your content is an opportunity to let potential customers get to notice your brand in a way that does not include selling. It is also one of the obvious ways to obtain more backlinks and rank higher for more keywords.
Step 7. Make Use of the leading Shopify SEO Tools and Apps
Here are 5 essential Shopify tools and apps that you can leverage to enhance your ecommerce site’s rankings:
- Plugin SEO
- Smart SEO
- SEO Image Optimizer
These Shopify apps provide automatic, regular checking of page headings and titles, meta descriptions, content, article structure, speed, and more, all to ensure that your site is as optimized as it can be.
That is it! After dealing with each of these 7 steps provided in this guide, you will rise up the search results rankings in a short period of time. Get in touch with the Shopify SEO experts at Blue Media Box to convert your site visitors into potential customers.